Make planning your commute easier with the new Tri-Rail Tracker. Take advantage of this FREE service with:
- Real-time GPS tracking on an interactive map
- Up-to-the-minute arrival times
- Track number arrival information
- Current system alerts
Click here to view the Tri-Rail Train Tracker online.
Click to download. Available for iPhone, iPad, and Android.
If you already have the app, make sure to update it.
TRAIN TRACKER FAQs
What is the Tri-Rail Tracker?
What types of information are available with the Tri-Rail Tracker?
How do I get the Tracker?
What do the colors of the stations on the web page mean?
On the web page, what do the three letters on the station icons represent?
How do I tell which station is which in the app â€“ theyâ€™re all teal dots and there are no abbreviations?
Why arenâ€™t there any announcements in the information box on the web page/under messages in the app?
The maps shows that there is a train approaching my station and every time I try to click on the station to see the next arrival times, I keep getting the train arrival times instead. Help!
What is the Tri-Rail Tracker? | Back to top
The Tri-Rail Tracker is a new tool for Tri-Rail customers that takes the guesswork out of when your train will arrive. It allows you to better plan your day. Its main feature is a map that shows where all active Tri-Rail trains are in real time using GPS technology. The Tracker lists the trains that will arrive next at each station, when, their direction (north or south) and the track they will be arriving on. You can also find out when your train is expected to arrive at your destination and get the latest information about any alerts on the system. The Tracker updates every minute so you will have up-to-the-moment information on your train.
What types of information are available with the Tri-Rail Tracker? | Back to top
When you choose to view estimated arrivals by station, you can see:
- The next trains arriving at your selected station
- The direction the trains are heading
- The trainsâ€™ numbers
- On the web page, you will also see the estimated minutes until the trains arrive
- In the app, you will see the scheduled arrival times, and under â€śstatusâ€ť either â€śon timeâ€ť or the expected arrival times will appear
When you choose to view estimated train arrivals, you can see:
- The number of your selected train
- The direction it is heading
- The next stations the train will arrive at
- The track number it will arrive on
- The scheduled arrival times
- Estimated arrival times or â€śon timeâ€ť
How do I get the Tracker? | Back to top
There are three ways to use the Tri-Rail Tracker:
1)Â Visit our web site: For desktop, laptop, tablet or smart phone.Â Go to trirailpublic.etaspot.net/Â Bookmark this page for easier access.
2) Â Download or open the Tri-Rail app:
- If you donâ€™t have the app, go to the Apple Store or Google Play Store and search for Tri-Rail, then click to download the app.
- Open the app and click on â€śTrip Planner,â€ť then click on â€śTri-Rail Trackerâ€ť and you will be taken to the tracker web page.
3)Â Â Download the Tri-Rail Tracker app:
- Go to the Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Search for ETA Spot.
- Click download and open the ETA Spot app.
- Scroll down to â€śTri-Railâ€ť and click to select.
- As an added benefit, the Tri-Rail Tracker app gives you the option of seeing your search results in â€śmap viewâ€ť or â€śtable view.â€ť
What do the colors of the stations on the web page mean? | Back to top
Stations with orange icons are located in Palm Beach County, stations with green icons are located in Broward County and stations with blue icons are located in Miami-Dade County.
5. On the web page, what do the three letters on the station icons represent? | Back to top
The three letters on each station icon are the official Tri-Rail abbreviations for the station. For a full list of station names and abbreviations, click here.
How do I tell which station is which in the app â€“ theyâ€™re all teal dots and there are no abbreviations? | Back to top
In the app, click on one of the teal dots to see the station name. The arrival information will also appear.
To see all the station names and arrival times at once, go to the Spot ETA Tri-Rail main page and click on â€śstationâ€ť in the upper right corner. This feature is only available in the app.
Why arenâ€™t there any announcements in the information box on the web page/under messages in the app? | Back to top
Tri-Rail uses these sections to make announcements. If there are no announcements, these areas will be blank.
The maps shows that there is a train approaching my station and every time I try to click on the station to see the next arrival times, I keep getting the train arrival times instead. Help! | Back to top
Use the â€ś+â€ť button on the right side of the web page to zoom into the map, making it easier to click on the station. The other alternative is to use the train information, or wait a minute until the train has left the station.