The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) began a new design-build project the week of August 6, 2018, at the Golden Glades Park & Ride Center in Miami-Dade County. A new and modern integrated Multimodal Transportation Facility will be built to upgrade the existing Golden Glades Park & Ride enter.¬†Construction will begin the week of December 17, 2018. This project will cost an estimated $57 million and will take approximately three-and-a-half years to be completed.
To build this project safely, it will be necessary to periodically relocate bus stops, and establish detours at the pedestrian bridge and sidewalks within the Park & Ride.¬† Work will be done in stages to minimize impacts to the public during special events and peak periods. Ticketing machines will remain operational at all times during construction.¬†The department will make sure traffic continues to flow safely through the work zones.
Please note that this schedule may change due to bad weather or other unexpected conditions.
Additional information is available on the project¬†page¬†of the department’s¬†website www.fdotmiamidade.com. You may also contact Community Outreach Specialist Sandra Bello at 305-510-0827 or email her at Sandra.Bello@dot.state.fl.us.
Drivers are encouraged to call 511 before they drive, or log onto www.fl511.com¬†to get real-time traffic and lane closure information.
Continuing parking garage preparation and temporary bus platform¬†work. Placing temporary signage and installing watermain.¬†
- Continuing preparation for parking garage construction
- Installing temporary¬†signage
- Building temporary bus platform in East Lot
- Watermain Installation
- Relocating bike lockers
- Traffic Separator demolition
- Removing guardrail
- Utilities relocation
- One lane of traffic will remain open in each direction at all times
- Sunday through Thursday:¬†One lane in each direction along SR 7 between south of the I-95 exit ramp and north of¬†NW 16000 Block¬†may be closed¬†from¬†10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Sunday through Thursday:¬†One lane in each direction along SR 9 between¬†NW 15801¬†Street¬†and just north of the Golden Glades Interchange¬†entrance ramp¬†may be closed¬† from¬†10 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- Friday and Saturday:¬†One lane in each direction along SR 7 between south of the I-95 exit ramp and north of¬†NW 16000 Block¬†may be closed¬†from¬†11 p.m. and 10 a.m.
- Friday and Saturday:¬†One lane in each direction along SR 9 between¬†NW 15801¬†Street¬†and just north of the Golden Glades Interchange¬†entrance ramp¬†may be closed¬† from¬†11 p.m. and 10 a.m.