- Where can I purchase my EDP Fare Product?
EDP passes can be loaded to your EASY Card directly from the ticket vending machines at all Tri-Rail stations. Additionally, EDP passes can be loaded to your EASY
Card from Station Agents at the following Tri-Rail ticket kiosks: Hialeah Market/Miami Airport Station, Metrorail Transfer Station, Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood
International Airport Station at Dania Beach, Pompano Beach Station and West Palm Beach Station.
- What type of payment do the TVMs accept?
Tri-Railís TVMs accept cash, Visa, MasterCard, and American Express credit cards, or a bank debit card with a Visa or MasterCard symbol.
- When can I purchase an EDP Monthly Pass? What about an EDP 12-Trip Pass?
EDP Monthly passes are available for purchase from TVMs on the 26th of the month prior to the ridership month, and continue to be on sale until the 15th of the
ridership month. EDP 12-Trip passes have no predetermined date or time of travel and may be purchased from TVMs at any time.
- What should I do if the TVMs are not working?
All train stations have multiple TVMs in case one machine is inoperable. In addition, TVMs are armed with sensors to indicate problems. These computerized sensors
notify Tri-Rail staff about service disruptions. Rare instances may arise, however, when Tri-Rail staff has not been notified about TVM or Validator problems.
All problems associated with TVMs and Validators should be reported immediately to the SFRTA/Tri-Rail Customer Service Department at 1-800-TRI-RAIL (800-874-7245).
- Can EDP Fare Products be purchased through the mail?
No. All EDP passes are sold exclusively from the TVMs or Station Agents. Only EDP Members who are enrolled through an employerís pre-paid program can have their
passes automatically loaded.
- How will security officers verify EDP Membership?
EDP Members must obtain an EDP-encoded EASY Card and have their photo affixed to it in order to receive EDP benefits. This card will serve as verification of EDP Membership.
- When will my EDP ID Card expire and how will it be renewed?
SFRTA/Tri-Railís EDP Membership is valid for one year, based on the EDP Memberís enrollment month, or the employment time with an EDP Employer. Members are required to renew
their membership annually.
- A member who provides an e-mail address during enrollment will receive an e-mail alert 60 days and 30 days prior to their EDP Membership expiring. The member can renew
online at www.tri-rail.com, Employer Discount Program, Member Information, Active Member Login, by updating his/her file and clicking the RENEWAL BUTTON during the enrollment period.
- A member who does not provide an e-mail address during enrollment will receive a Renewal Postcard mailed to their home residence at least 45 days prior the EDP membership expiring.
- A member who does not renew during his/her renewal period is removed from the EDP database and will need to reapply through their companyís EDP Employer Contact to regain membership.
- What is the difference between EDP passes and regular Fare Products?
The SFRTA/Tri-Railís EDP offers a 25 percent discount on Monthly and 12-Trip passes as a benefit for employees of participating companies. The EDP-encoded EASY Card received by EDP
Members is programmed to provide the 25 percent discount.
- My employer subsidizes my pass. How will this process work with the new Fare Collection System?
EDP Members receiving subsidized passes will have them directly autoloaded to their EASY Card on a monthly basis, pending payment confirmation from their employer. Check with your
employer to see if they are participating on the pre-paid program.
- What should I do if my EDP Discounted Fare EASY Card is lost, stolen or misplaced?
When you have completed your enrollment process, your EASY Card is automatically registered with card protection against loss or theft. If your card is ever lost or stolen, we can
issue a new one and transfer your balance after you pay a nominal $2 replacement fee.
- What is the refund policy for EDP passes?
EDP members purchasing passes through the TVMs are responsible for purchasing the correct pass. Call 1-800-TRI-RAIL (874-7245) immediately after you believe to have purchased an
incorrect pass for further assistance.
- Can my spouse or a friend purchase my EDP Fare Product?
EDP EASY Cards can be loaded by anyone from the TVMs; however, the EDP EASY Card may only be used by the actual EDP Member.